Kevin is really starting to wake up. He is even having little conversations with the family now! It would be a real encouragement if you would send him cards. Tami has been naming names to him and he is overwhelmed at how many people are praying for him. Let him know that you are praying! Please, still hold off on visits. We'll let you know when he is ready.
Joyfully Yours,
Karin
(See below for address)
-------------------------
Dear friends,
This morning was even more encouraging as Kevin was able to actually communicate in more sentences and not just single words. He was also able to sit in a chair for about an hour. I talked to him quite awhile. He is still very confused and upset about what has happened to him and doesn't understand fully what is going on. I told him how people all across the country were praying for him and he couldn't understand why so many people cared about him. I told him he had lots of friends and we all love him and want him better.
Many times when I have visited Kevin I sit and read the Bible to him and have never been sure if he heard me. Today I asked him if he would like me to read the Bible to him, to which he replied, "It gives me comfort". It almost brought tears to my eyes.
I thought some of you my like to send him a note or card to cheer him up. You can write to him at:
Kevin Hollar
c/o Kindred Hospital
Room 613
14900 E. Imperial Highway
La Mirada, CA 90638
I returned to the hospital just after lunch to find Sarah leaving to return to work. She was so excited because Kevin actually carried on a conversation with her. With tomorrow being their fourth wedding anniversary, I know she couldn't have received a better gift.
I know I have thanked you all many times, but I must express it again: THANK YOU for your prayers. God is doing a mighty work and we are confident he will return Kevin to us whole.
Tami
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are so thrilled to hear about the newest progress Kevin has made. We will continue to pray for his recovery. How exciting it was to hear that he was able to get out of bed, and sit in a chair, and talk in sentences. Praise God!
God Bless you all,
Dan, Deb, Deidre and Drew
Post a Comment