1:40pm (I have actually seen Tami once today and talked to her a number of times on the phone. I was with my daughter at the chiropractor and in walked Tami! She fell up some stairs and messed her back up good. Poor thing. We were able to chat a little.)
Kevin is responding very well with yes and no's and the nurse even found him out of bed once! He wants outta that bed! His doctors say he is more than ready for rehab. Kindred Hospital in La Mirada is a very nice facility and it would be so convenient for Sarah, Kevin's wife, and everyone else in the family, but they do not provide acute rehab care. So, they really would like Kevin to be able to go to Casa Colina in Pomona. A nurse needs to come from Casa Colina and evaluate Kevin, which could take up to 48 hours to happen. Please pray that this happens quickly and that there is a spot for Kevin at Casa Colina. Kevin could be moved within the next 24 to 48 hours. Karin
p.s. I should clarify that Kevin did not get out of bed by walking. The nurse found him on the floor next to his bed. He is a determined young man. This is a good thing!
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Curtis and Debbie let me know about what happened to Kevin and directed me to this blog. Thank you for posting updates on his progress. Praise God for Kevin's improving condition! I will continue to pray for him and all of you.
Luis M.
Dear Tami,
You cannot possibly know that God has placed you in our lives so that we could pray for Kevin and all you who are connected to him. Please allow me to say what a blessing you have been in the tremendous strength you have shown us in your own weakness. Truly you are a trophy of His love and grace.
You have chosen the right word for Kevin, for, as you have said, because he knows the Lord, indeed he is indestructible and eternally will be, here or there, it has already been determined!
This is my fourth note of this kind just today. It's been a hard month, but you know... Our God is bigger than any problem we will ever encounter and if we continue to lean into Him, it will be allright! I know, because like Billy Graham, I, too have read the last page of the Bible.
Don't be afraid to fall when it becomes too much to bear, one or more us us will be there to catch you.
Be encourged.
Irene
(sister of Helen Perez who works with Everett)
Everett and Tami,
When I found out about Kevin, I sent your prayer request to all my sisters and brothers and they passed it on to their prayer chains. So your family is held up in prayer constantly. Rest in the Lord's faithfulness.
In His Name,
Helen Perez
Dear Tami and Everett,
Joey just shared this blog with me. I have sat and wept and rejoiced with you through all the comments on this blog. We have been praying steadily for your family. Some days I find my heart so heavy for you all and know that God is prompting me to pray. Some days it has been constant.
We continue to bathe you all with our love and prayers.
Mike and Laura
Post a Comment