"You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You". Isaiah 26:3
From the very moment I received Sarah's phone call four weeks ago that Kevin had had an accident at work, God spoke this verse to me and has been speaking it to me ever since. I must admit there have been many moments I have not felt very peaceful and have shed many tears but I am confident that God is at our side fighting the fight for us. I thank the Lord for each of you who have kept up the prayer vigilance on our and Kevin's behalf. There are many times we are just too weary to pray and that is when we find comfort knowing you are there praying for us. We still have a long way to go and ask that you do not stop. I came home today to take a break and will return to Riverside on Monday. Everett is spending the weekend there as well as Sarah; however, Sarah did come home last night to take a much needed break and go to dinner and a movie with a friend.
Everett and I had a long talk with Dr. Skinner, Kevin's trauma doctor, this morning. She and Dr. Douglas, his neurosurgeon, say he is doing well. It is difficult for us to see that as we still see him lying there not able to communicate or really respond to anything. They say we are out of the crisis mode and have now entered the recovery phase. His MRI shows that his brain is healing. Only God knows how quickly or how much it will improve. He is breathing on his own but not quite enough so they have put him back on the ventilator for at least this weekend to help support his breathing. They tell us he will probably be in the ICU about another week. From there he will move to another room on the hospital floor. Once he is stable enough, from there he will be moved to a rehabilitation facility. His case worker is hoping to get him into Casa Colina in Pomona as it is supposed to be the best neurological rehab facility in this area. We arepraying for that, and it will bring him much closer to home.
Upon the Occupational Therapist's suggestion, we took in a portable CD player and headset to him this morning with some of his favorite CD's. We put on "The Newsboys" (Kevin's favorite group) and he immediately opened his eyes and began to move his body. Was this a response to the music? Wedo not know, but hope it was.
To all our dear friends and friends we have never even met, words cannot express the love we feel for each of you. We are constantly amazed as we hear of more and more people upholding us in their prayers. To God be the glory and may His name be praised!
With our deepest love and appreciation, Tami for Everett, Sarah, Keith and Kim
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
GOD is great.... what more can I say. The Cliftons (bbg)
How wonderful that you have such a strong faith in God and that it's being rewarded. We pray for Kevin daily and it's nice to read all of the posts on this blog since the only person we know in your family is Harlan. We'll continue our prayers if you continue your faith in our Lord.
Best wishes to you all
Rich and Sue Panelli
richpanelli@comcast.net
What a joy to wake up and see that the doctors are pleased with Kevin's progress. I log in every morning just to see how he is doing. I have been a volunteer in ICU at our local hospiital for ten years. Over this time, I have seen many brain trauma injuries and although hard, Kevin seems to be responding to stimulis from music and conversing with him. This is great. I feel confident that he will come out of this. Recovery is hard, but there is hope for recovery. It seems that the patients who have a strong support group seem to progress the best. You certainly have that!! My prayers are with all of you and I'm so glad that there is a site to respond and, hopefully, give you some encouragement. Sue Panelli@comcast.net
Post a Comment