Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday, March 17, 2008

Dear Friends,

What a wonderful celebration we had on Saturday! I can't tell you how blessed we all were by the great number of you who came by to welcome Kevin home and wish him a happy birthday. We were a bit apprehensive as to how he might respond to so much attention focused on him, but he seemed to relish it all as he tried to make sure he spoke to everyone who came. If you knew Kevin before his accident you know he was never much of a talker, especially not to people he had never met before, so it amazed us that he was so at ease with the situation.

As I talked with so many of you, I was humbled that so many people who had never met us before have cared enough to keep us in their prayers for these past ten months. You all have touched my heart in such a way that I have no words to describe it. I have prayed that the Lord would heap His blessings upon each of you for the love you have shown our family.

I know that everyone who talked with Kevin was surprised at how well he looked as well as how well he is doing. However, it really isn't that amazing because we have an awesome God who hears the prayers of His children and He has been gracious to answer your prayers on Kevin's behalf. We still covet your prayers, though, as Kevin still has a long way to go.

Kevin was taken to Coastline Community College today for some initial testing and will return later for more interviews to see if they believe he is a good candidate for their brain injury program. Sarah will be interviewed as well. So, please keep praying that there will be an opening for him if this is where God would want him to be.

God Bless You All,
Tami

No comments: