This is a message from me, Kevin, to all who have been tracking my initial injury and continuing recovery from my accident. If it were possible I would like to personally thank everyone, but at this time the Blog my mother put together is the best means I have to communicate my gratitude to all of you.
I want to start off by thanking you all for your interest, prayers, and support. Without all of your prayers I would not have come as far as I have. On the same note it is absolutely overwhelming to me to comprehend how many people who have offered prayer on my behalf. It is my only hope that God will provide and bless you all the way he has me.
It has been a long journey but I still have a long way to go. I am not discouraged because God has been with me and I know he will continue to guide and strengthen me.
If you would like some specific things to pray for fortunately there are only a few problems that persist. My vision is greatly reduced. I only have partial vision in one eye that the doctors say might heal and increase. I have a inner ear disorder that affects my balance which is suppost to remain. The last thing is my future vocation is unclear and I am seeking direction on future employment. Again I thank you all.
A special thanks to all who attended my 27th birthday party and generously gave me a gift. Is is again beyond my understanding why there are so many who care.
Love,
Kevin
Dear Family and Friends,
Kevin asked me to proof and correct what he wrote but I decided against it as I felt it would be more meaningful just the way he wrote it. You can see he did quite well without my help anyway.
Kevin has been accepted into Coastline Community College and is supposed to start classes on Monday. Kevin, Sarah, Everett and I are visiting the college tomorrow for student orientation. Please be in prayer as they are trying to find a way to get Kevin to and from the college which is in Costa Mesa. They have looked into the bus system but he would have to be at the bus stop by 6:30 a.m., would have to transfer two or three times, and it would be about a three-hour trip each way.
Kevin was recently seen by a neuro-optometrist in this area and he believes Kevin would benefit by colored lenses of some sort that may help increase his field of vision. He is referring him back to Dr. Suter, whom he was seeing in Bakersfield, as she has the equipment necessary to test just what color lenses would give him the best benefit. Dr. Suter is quite booked at the moment but they hope to get him in as soon as possible. When they are able to make this appointment they will also take him to the Bakersfield Centre where they can test his ability to use power tools. As you many remember this was previously scheduled to take place but had to be postponed because of the wedding he was in.
I just wanted to remind those of you who missed it the first time about the little gizmo you can find under all the pictures on the Blog. If you put in your email address it will alert you whenever there is an update to the Blog. This is quite handy as I am not making updates as routinely as I once was.
May God bless you all with His love,
Tami
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kevin: How wonderful to receive an e-mail from you. You don't know my husband and I. My husband, Rich is a friend through investment meetings with your father-in-law. I have checked your blog daily since it came out. Now I receive e-mail updates. Everyone prays for you because you have a strong faith and we all want you to get better. Your wife is an amazing woman and we pray for her as well. It is wonderful hearing your progress and knowing what to pray for where you need more help. You take care Kevin and don't give up your strong will to continue on this road to recovery. You have so many people who care about your struggle. Sue Panelli
Thanks Kevin for your letter. It is so good to have you back and doing so well. We will continue in prayer. See you soon!
Mike and Abby
Post a Comment