Hello Friends,
I know everyone is wondering how our weekend with Kevin went. It went very well. Keith and Kim had no difficulties picking him up Friday night. They called us as they reached town at dinner time and said Kevin wanted to go to Mike's (his favorite place to eat). So we and Sarah met them there and it was no surprise when Kevin ordered the chicken fingers as was his usual custom. Had a nice visit, then he and Sarah headed home.
Late Saturday morning he and Sarah came by our house and our neighbor came over to visit with them as well. Kevin said being at home was just like Christmas because as he reacquainted himself with his belongings he kept "finding" things he didn't remember he owned. We had lunch together and Kevin and Sarah again headed home. That evening Sarah fixed him first home-cooked dinner in over four months. Sarah said Kevin was able to do a few of the household fix-it jobs for her such as hanging pictures, etc., and I know she was glad to have these things done.
Kevin and Sarah went to their church Sunday morning and Kevin was asked by his Sunday School class to share his experience. I believe that all went well even though Kevin was a bit nervous about doing it.
Everett and I, along with Keith and Kim and Uncle Mack and Aunt Kitty met them for lunch at Red Robin. Had a nice visit but all too soon it became time to leave. We transferred Kevin's stuff to Everett's car and the two of them headed back to Bakersfield with a quick stop to see Grandma Ozzie who couldn't join us for lunch because of a sprained ankle. Once back in Bakersfield Everett took Kevin to do his weekly grocery shopping and then took him back to his apartment.
We continue to be blessed by the amazing progress Kevin is making. I know I still ponder what God's plan for all of this is but I know in the end it will bring glory to His name. As I hear from different family and friends who tell me of their family and friends who read the Blog and how it has blessed them, I feel encouraged and thankful to all the nameless people who are praying for our family.
God's blessings on your day,
Tami
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Praise the Lord for His many blessings. We rejoice with you in this wonderful accomplishment for Kevin.
Continued love and prayers,
The Gulley's
Kevin did great in our adult fellowship on Sunday! I just kept telling my wife how amazed I was at how well he did and it is obvious that God's hand is at work in his life during this recovery period. We continue to lift him and Sarah up in prayer. It was awesome to have them both in church on Sunday...they've definitely been missed. Can't wait to have them back!
Continuing in prayer,
Gabe Encarnacion
(from Bound By Grace at EV Free Fullerton)
Post a Comment