Dear Family and Friends,
It has been a long time since I have given you an update but that is mostly because there hasn't been much to report. Since the last update Kevin has seen an orthopedic surgeon and an internist. Both of these appointments were necessary in the process of determining settlement with Worker's Comp. Kevin's attorney is still trying to have him declared 100% disabled. We are hopeful that within the next six months a settlement can be reached. God has continued to provide for Kevin and Sarah's financial needs but they have had to make some big changes. Please continue to pray that the settlement process will move quickly.
Kevin is still attending Coastline Community College and busies himself by doing their laundry and cleaning the apartment. He works out almost daily in their apartment's fitness room. However, the internist he recently saw told him he would do better to join a gym where he could swim. He told him because of his vertigo issues regular exercise might not be the best thing for him but swimming would give him a full-body workout. I think Kevin may be looking into that. There is a gym within a short walking distance from his apartment. Kevin keeps looking for something he can do hobby-wise that would keep him occupied during his spare time, but choices are limited.
We would still appreciate your prayers for the future as Kevin tries to figure out what he can do employment wise. He and the rest of us are still hard-pressed to figure out just what he could possibly do. We continue to trust God for his future and know He will take care of both of them. This morning in my quiet time with the Lord He once again brought me to Philippians 4:4-7 which says, "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I indeed had to confess I have been anxious for the future for Kevin and Sarah and saw once again I have much to rejoice about. Kevin is still with us and is doing well in spite of his limitations. It is just that my heart as a mother still grieves for what he has lost. I am being vulnerable as I tell you it has been a most difficult year and a half with Kevin's accident and my brother's suicide earlier this year. I would ask your prayers that I will continue to rejoice in the Lord and that He will guard my heart and mind with the peace only He can give as I continue to lift my prayers and concerns to him, with thanksgiving.
On a more personal note, for the past year we have been wondering what is going to happen to Everett's job. The company where he works is consolidating and we still don't know what that means as far as his job goes. Rumors are flying but we continue to wait for the facts. We would appreciate your prayers that God would protect his job.
We continue to be encouraged by your love and prayers. You are a huge blessing to us all.
Love,
Tami
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment