Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." Psalm 55:22

We got the report from Kevin's neuro-optometrist, Dr. Suter, yesterday and it wasn't what we were hoping for. The doctor does not hold out much hope for his right eye as the muscle in the optic nerve has atrophied. There is a possibility that with exercise he may gain some peripheral vision in it. The report on the left eye is more promising. The doctor feels that with exercise he should gain more of his eyesight there. Reading glasses have been prescribed for him as well as glasses to wear when he is outdoors to protect the right eye. Sarah asked about the possibility of him driving and that is still another unknown at the moment. It will depend on how much his left eye recovers and whether he gains peripheral vision in the right.

About a week ago God gave me the verse I wrote above, a verse which I have been going back to many times since. I now believe it was to prepare me for this report. I don't know of any parent who wouldn't be upset when they get this kind of news about their child, and trust me, I have shed more than a few tears. But I do know God keeps His promises. I don't know why He has allowed this to happen in Kevin's life but I have to trust Him to bring about His perfect purpose. I also know if I didn't have my trust in the LORD God Almighty I would, at this moment, be shaken to the very core of my being. And, I also believe in a God of miracles. Will He perform one on Kevin's eyesight? Only time will tell, but in the meantime, my hope and faith is secure in the Lord that whatever the future holds He will never allow us to be shaken.

Please continue to pray for Kevin's healing, and if it is God's will, that He will perform a miracle to completely restore Kevin's sight. We are praising and thanking God for the wonderful progress Kevin has made so far.

Love,
Tami

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your tears and your joy with all of us. These updates give us very specific things to pray about and remind us of God's love and mercy that is available to all of us. We will continue to uphold you in prayer.

Love,
Leonard and Sherri Cosby

Anonymous said...

I am touched by your sharing Tami. Know that I am in prayer for you, Kevin, Sarah and the rest of the family at this moment.

Love
Nancy